[Hotplug_sig] SIG call 4/11/06 canceled

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 10:47:16AM -0700, Raj, Ashok wrote:

> >   * Patch to fix the CPU issue we discovered with the lhcs_regression
> >     testsuite has been validated to fix the issue.
> >

> Yes this patch is now included in mainline.
>
> >   * Remote management of the Itanium 2 has been figured out.
> >     This had been a roadblock issue previously, so now that it's
> >     working, we can set it up to run cpu and memory tests on.
> >

> Great!, maybe you are already doing it, do you test on x86_64 as well?
> If not, could you add that to the mix?

Yes, in fact I forgot to mention it, but Jason also got remote management
of the x86_64 machine figured out too.

With both the itanium2 and the x86_64 machine, we still need to figure
out how to do fallback kernels (i.e., "for the next boot, load kernel B;
if that doesn't work, when you get rebooted, go back to kernel A").  The
Itanium2 uses elilo, which doesn't seem to have this capability, but the
x86_64 machine uses grub, which does have the capability (but we're
just starting to test it out.)

> Also with recent mainline 2.6.17-rc1 includes bsp removal support for
> ia64. (needs some configs to go with it, I think tiger defconfig has the
> right mix needed, you can pull from those if you have a different
> system) we tested during development on some hp systems as well.

Okay, what is "tiger defconfig"?  I'm also unfamiliar with what bsp
removal is -- is that a hp memory feature for ia64?

Thanks,
Bryce