[Hotplug_sig] Memory Hotplug regression testing

In order to create some effective regression tests for
memory hotplug, the Hotplug SIG has been doing some
test planning and test framework construction.

What we have is a test framework that should be easy to
down-load and run for developers (see Bryce's announcement
for the first version that already has cpu hotplug tests
included).
http://lists.osdl.org/pipermail/hotplug_sig/2005-September/000504.html

Based on how the memory hotplug patches are moving into
the kernel, we will create tests first for Fragmentation
elimination while we decide how (on paper) to test for
memory add, memory migration, memory remove, and tools.
Feedback on the efficiency of this approach is most welcome.
We have described what we know at this point here:
http://developer.osdl.org/maryedie/HOTPLUG/planning/hotplug_memory_test_plan_status.html

Naturally, we'd rather not reinvent the wheel.  If you have
tests or test plans in any of these areas you can share,
please do.

We are interested in common regressions to look for. Please
suggest anything that comes to mind.

So that we can get something useful out quickly,
we would like suggestions for simple, easy to implement,
valuable tests that don't require instrumenting the
kernel with patches or test drivers.  Most of our ideas
now are not simple (groan).

And please understand, being the scribe, I'm not an expert
in hotplug, so please forgive any ignorant mistakes in
the descriptions so far.

Any and all advice much, much appreciated.
TIA

--
Mary Edie Meredith
Initiative Manager