[Hotplug_sig] MINUTES for Hotplug SIG Con Call 08/16

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 04:54:46PM -0400, Martine Silbermann wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 11:36 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > MarkD also added sar to the hotplug 6 test case.  There are a couple
> > other tools to add, however there are no known failure situations for
> > them; we could simply check to make sure the tools don't terminate
> > during a hotplug event, though.
> >
> In the con call on 08/02 Mary mentioned that SAR was not behaving
> properly when CPUs are added (it didn't crash but didn't show the new
> CPUs). David Lively took the AR to look at the problem but I haven't
> seen a patch from him. Did you get one? or do you no longer see this
> problem with SAR?

I don't know the details of how this was resolved, but yes, SAR is now
working correctly on our test machine, so one way or another, the
problem has been addressed.  Neither Mark nor I recall applying a patch
or upgrading sar, though, so we're a bit uncertain about how it got
fixed.

Bryce