[Hotplug_sig] [MINUTES] Conf Call 7/5/05

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 11:53:39AM -0700, Mary Edie Meredith wrote:
> These are the minutes of the Hotplug SIG meeting today, July 5.
>
> Attendees:
> Mary Meredith, Mark Wong, Bryce Harrington, OSDL
> George Mann, individual contributor
> Natalie Protasevich, Unisys
> Bruce Vessey, Unisys
> (Martine is on vacation)
>
> Next regular meeting canceled due to OLS, next call is August 2.
>
> Action Items from the meeting:
> 1-Bryce, Mary: Reconcile the SIG homepage, Mark's original
> test web page, and Bryce's new web page to be sure that
> there was nothing dropped from Mark, and that there are
> not duplicates (as in the case of the test case descriptions).

I've removed my copy of the test cases from the website and now point to
Mary's page, so I think this AR is done.  Let me know if anything more
needs done.

> 2-Mary, Mark: Determine what should be monitored for tests
> involving DBT2 (OLTP like database workload) to determine
> when/if CPU on-line or off-line does not redistribute the
> load properly.
> 3-Bryce, adjust the psuedo code according to what we
> discussed on the call (in the minutes below).

Done

> 4-Bryce to start posting results of member patch boot
> tests for the three architectures at OSDL on his test
> web site.

Done

I'll be collecting results here:

    http://developer.osdl.org/dev/hotplug/results/

> 5-Bryce to ask the community to see if consistent reporting
> across architectures is important for statistics tools when
> they account for resource additions/removals (e.g. SAR:cpu
> remove causes cpu reported with zero interrupts in one case,
> where cpu is not reported at all in another. Is this OK?).

I don't really understand the purpose of this AR.