[Hotplug_sig] MINUTES for Hotplug SIG Con Call 06/07

Dave Lively wrote:
> NR_CPUS is certainly a reasonable fallback, but I'd rather
> avoid depending on /proc/config.gz for a number of reasons.
> But you'd think most CPU hotplug users would mount sysfs, so
> that may do the trick.  All possible CPUs are nodes under
> devices/system/cpu, so the info's already there.  Thanks
> for the pointing me in the right direction!

I'm not opposed to using NR_CPUS.  On ppc64 we actually get the possible
cpus at boot time, making it possibly much less than NR_CPUS, but we cap
it at NR_CPUS on the high end.  I don't think the extra allocations are
that wasteful or unreasonable.  It also follows the KISS philosophy.