[Hotplug_sig] MINUTES for Hotplug SIG Con Call 06/07

>>AR for Natalie: Gather as much data as possible to determine why
systems
>>don't boot w/ new CPU patches.
>>

>Natalie,

>What patches do you refer to?

Since I need the -mm tree for testing latest hot CPU stuff, I was using
rc5-mm2 on the several systems, and ran into few problems. Some were
gone with latest -rc6-mm1 (I tried it last night), but two remain there,
however I don't think they are related to the hot CPU stuff:
- I cannot bring up x86_64, 8x unless I do "maxcpus=1". Haven't
investigated it yet, but suspecting scheduler or HT issues maybe.
- Have a hang on ia32 ES7000 that uses dm/lvm2, it gets stuck while
reiserfs checks the volume. Not sure yet if this is lvm related, or some
threading issue.
I tested online/offline on the generic Intel 8x system, and got a hang
doing online after offline. Martine mentioned yesterday that you and
Shaohua recently discovered/fixed a couple problems, so I'm hoping those
will take care of that. If you have them handy or have pointers for me,
I will try them out on my system today.

Thanks,
--Natalie