[dcl_tech_board] RE: [hotplug_sig] [Hotplug_sig] Memory removal and hot-plug node

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:08:31 EST, "Silbermann, Martine" wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
>
> From my recollection and the few notes I took it seems that the guess
> for memory hotplug was end of 2005. I have no recollection of a specific
> date being given for node hotplug. I've cc'ed the DCL tech board list in
> case someone that was in the room remembers a specific guess date for
> node hotplug.

Hi Bruce,

Hopefully I was an intended recipient... ;-)

My hope/goal is that Hot Plug is ready by/before the end of 2005.
It would be nice to get into a major distro release "soon" so that
customers can have access ASAP.  IBM in general would like customers
to be able to use these capabilities of our platform as soon as
possible, even if it would be a subset of the overall node hot plug
add/hot-plug remove capabilities.

If we manage towards that kind of date/time frame, we can better
understand what capabilities will be available, even if it is just
a subset of capabilities, as well as the level of testing and general
maturity of the code in that time frame.

BTW, if you want to send to public mailing lists, e.g. the hotplug SIG,
you may want to consider your disclaimer carefully.

gerrit