[Hotplug_sig] Hotplug Testing

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Tom Hanrahan wrote:

> We're planning to test hotplug capability on PowerPC platforms we have
> in house.  Following this text is a description of the systems.
> Basically we have two systems and an HMC.
>
> Also following is a brief conversation I had with Dave Hansen about
> possible testing we can do, but I'd like this discussion to move to a
> wider forum.  What suggestions does this group have for our testing
> hotplug given the equipment we have?

The answer to this may be obvious and something I should know, but what
exactly are you trying to test?

'Hotplug' works great already and has for years, depending on how you look
at it. There are several hotpluggable buses, all of which get extensive
continuous testing by a large user base. The device and driver
infrastructure handle these seamlessly, out of necessity; so do other data
structures, like filesystems.

So, are you talking about hotplug memory then?

Thanks,

	Pat