[Hotplug_sig] RE: [Lhms-devel] Proposal: Linux Hotplug BOF session at LinuxWorld

Sounds like a great idea, thx Joel.
Martine

-----Original Message-----
From: lhms-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:lhms-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joel Schopp
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 12:05 PM
To: dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: drother@xxxxxxxxxx; lhms-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Lhms-devel] Proposal: Linux Hotplug BOF session at LinuxWorld

I propose we have a BOF session at LinuxWorld Expo Boston this Feb.  It
would be nice if OSDL Hotplug SIG would endorse it and if a few of us
who are actively involved could be in attendance.

Leader: Joel Schopp, Austin TX, IBM
Title: Linux Hotplug BOF
Linux has arrived in the enterprise market.  At the forefront of its
enterprise features are cpu hotplug, pci hotplug, memory hotplug,
dynamic partitioning, and capacity upgrade on demand.  Discussion topics

will include the current state of these features on a variety of vendor
platforms, the benefits of these features in customer environments, and
a technical discussion related to continued development in these areas.
IT managers, system administrators, and kernel developers should benefit

from the discussion.