[Hotplug_sig] MINUTES for Hotplug SIG Con Call 10/19

Attendees: OSDL, HP

Status of memory hotplug regression testing:

	- Input on regression tests from hotplug list:
So far we haven't gotten much feedback on existing tests, suggestions
were made to take chunks of memory on and offline as other DCL specific
tests are running.
Also it seems that just compiling on different configurations and
platforms might be of value to the hotplug memory community.
AR: Mary will investigate what would be required to automatically take
the hotplug patches and submit them to the PLM (Patch Lifecycle
Manager).
AR: Martine will apply one specific memory hotplug patch to PLM and
share the results w/ community members to assess their usefulness before
further effort is put into that project.

	- Update on hardware availability:
The hardware has not shown up yet at OSDL's facility.
AR: Mary will find out what the current status is.

	- Update on engineering support:
There's interest from an OSDL engineer to participate in the SIG but we
need to write a proposal that would outline his responsibilities and the
resources provided to allow him to fill those.

Status of documentation of CPU hotplug:
The document is not currently in a state to be shared because a few
questions came up as I was comparing the kernel code to some published
articles and I'm still waiting on some answers from the developers.

Other topics: should the SIG get actively involved in hotplug issues
other than at the kernel layer?
IPMI layer? user level?:

There is no limitation for the SIG to only address hotplug issues
specific to the kernel level.
AR: Martine will contact people that have shown interest in hotplug at
the platform management level to see if they'd like to form a project
within the SIG.

Next meeting:
November 2nd, 2004 at 11:00am Pacific

Thanks for your participation.