[Hotplug_sig] Re: [Lhms-devel] Memory hotplug regression testing

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 08:21, Silbermann, Martine wrote:
> The hotplug SIG is currently in the process of setting up regression
> testing for memory hotplug. For this to be useful to the community we
> ask for your input on the following:
>
> * if you have existing open source tests or know of existing tests that
> should be used in the regression testing please send us links, docs,
> srcs, anything available to help us integrate those tests,

Any tests that you come up with for memory hotplug can and should
probably be run concurrently with just about any other tests that you
have.

For instance, instead of running a plain database test, you could run
the test while taking memory sections on and offline.

> * if you don't know of any existing tests but have specific ideas/strong
> feelings of which code paths should be tested please let us know so that
> we can work on developing them,

Are you familiar enough with the /sys/devices/memory interfaces to start
playing with them?

BTW, just having the releases compile tested on a few various platforms
would be helpful.

Latest code can be found here: http://sprucegoose.sr71.net/patches/
(that's not a permanent location and may change in the future)

-- Dave