Re: CSA to DFS channel and ACS not compatible?

On 8.10.2024 17:36, Nicolas Escande wrote:
The code probably forbids it and that's why it restarted the AP (and the ACS).
You can start with -d to have more messages and confirm.

Are you sure this is something you really wish to do ? You need to clear a DFS
channel before switching to it (so wait between 1 & 10 min). So doing CSA (which
is supposed to be done in a matter of a few seconds max) to such a channel,
would mean telling a STA to go somewhere the AP is not. Seems weird.
I don't think there is anything explicitly forbidding this -
CSA to non-cleared DFS channel works ok when ACS is not configured.
In such case the AP goes down and up as well but then CAC is done and new channel is used.
Also was not able to find anything by browsing through code.
Running with log_level=0 so probably most I can get in terms of logs is there.

You got the point with CSA to non-cleared DFS channel being weird.
But my test show that (at least some) mobile clients are quite patient waiting for AP to come up again after this.