Consult the possibility converting Android.mk to Android.bp for hostap

Thanks for your time and attention.

We are in the process of converting the Android module from Android.mk
to Android.bp using Soong. However, we've discovered that the
Android.mk file for hostap is maintained on git://w1.fi/hostap.git and
the commit for the new feature will make updates to Android.mk as
well.

To simplify the process of cherry-picking changes from
git://w1.fi/hostap.git to Android branches, we are considering
converting the Android.mk to Android.bp directly on
git://w1.fi/hostap.git. Our reasoning is that these Android.mk files
are only useful within Android's source tree and have limited
standalone utility.

We would appreciate any documentation or discussions that can guide us
in the development process in Android. We also seek clarification on
potential concerns regarding providing changes to use Android.bp
instead of Android.mk for git://w1.fi/hostap.git.

Thanks.