Re: Unable to establish P2P connection for miracast using gnome-network-displays

Am 30.01.24 um 11:35 schrieb Benjamin Berg:
Hi

On Tue, 2024-01-30 at 09:27 +0100, Julian Sikorski wrote:
I should check updates-testing next time before sending long emails. I
have now installed gnome-network-displays-0.92.1 and the experience has
improved a lot.
On my old laptop I can connect to both the TV and the Fire Stick without
issues (3 out of 3 attempts in a row worked).
On my new laptop, connection attempts either work or at least fail at a
later stage than before, at the stage during which the stick is
displaying that the connection is being negotiated.
Thanks for all your help so far.

I haven't read the other mail yet. But I would not expect any change in
the connection establishment side when updating gnome-network-displays
(all it does is ask NetworkManager to connect to the peer).

So, a little bit confused to be honest. From my side, I would have
expected improvements from an update elsewhere (wpa_supplicant, kernel
or firmware).

Benjamin
It is a bit elusive to me too. I have definitely observed an improvement updating gnome-network-displays from 0.90.5 to 0.92.1. It still fails to connect to the Fire TV without any reaction from the stick. I would still be curious to debug it using the other laptop as a monitor, but, as you mentioned earlier, this requires configuring the channel and the bandwidth. Where do I get this information from? It seems to be negotiated dynamically between the devices.

Best regards,
Julian