Re: PMK or PTK instead of PSK in radius response when wpa_psk_radius=2 or wpa_psk_radius=3

I'll respectfully say that just because something isn't supported by a
billion devices doesn't mean that it shouldn't be. And it doesn't have
to be to be useful.

If that were the case we would still have 802.11b and WEP.

I'm not suggesting any sweeping changes, just asking questions.

I learned a saying from my father "Just because that's the way you
always do it, doesn't mean that's the best way." But I see now that
the way everything is done now is the best possible way and no further
improvement is possible. Nothing helpful can be added until someone
spends years learning everything possible about a project and without
daring to ask the very people that know the most about the project.

Sorry if I upset anyone here. We're 6 replies deep until a mostly
useless exchange. I'll go back to lurking and maybe I can have
something to add in a few years.

I truly appreciate everyone here and what they do for OSS. I've
realized hostapd/wpa_supplicant is practically the backbone of the
wirelessly connected world. I hope a new generation can help carry the
torch forward and grow into giants themselves.