Re: Add hw mode config for 80211ah

On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 10:21:00AM +0900, JUN-KYU SHIN wrote:
> As you know, implementing ieee80211ah fully usable would be a very long
> journey, and reviewing the patch would be a big task.
>
> For example, it should support operation at a frequency in KHz and a
> bandwidth of less than 20M. And since channel index and frequency matching
> are different by region, it is necessary to implement
> "frequency<->channel index converting" for each region.
>
> So, before doing big task, I want to confirm that you are interested in
> adding the ieee80211ah feature to hostap.

It sounds reasonable to add S1G support.

> So, in this patch, I would like you to review the definition of hw mode
> And errors that occur when using ah mode.

But I don't think this process would work for that.. Without having a
full set of patches that add at least some kind of minimal testable
functionality, it would be difficult to review whether some of the
earlier patches would be the best way of designing the mechanism. I
don't think I would be applying small patches that do not achieve
anything without knowing the direction the end result is expected to
take. I would also not want to spend significant effort to review items
without being able to count on there being a complete contribution in
the end.