Re: Configure hostapd with separate dhcp_server - Error: unknown configuration item "dhcp_server"

Hello Dan,

>From what I have seen in the code the variable CONFIG_FILES is probably not
defined in the .config file that is used during compilation of hostapd. This is
probably done by your distro's maintainers from AlmaLinux, the distro that you are using. I recommend
you compile hostapd from source yourself and change that variable so
that the code that you are trying to configure is included in the
hostapd executable.

For a dhcp server I would recommend other software such as dnsmasq
instead of hostapd.

Kind regards,

Bart Smink