Re: wpa_supplicant 2.10 - Scan failed

Hi David,

On 1/30/22 20:01, David Bauer wrote:
Hi Etienne,

On 1/30/22 15:00, Étienne Morice wrote:
Hi David,

On 1/30/22 13:49, David Bauer wrote:

 > The kernel exposes the maximum supported bytes to userspace with
 > which can be retrieved in wiphy_info_handler.
 >
 > See the attached patch. Does scanning work with thid patch applied to
 > v2.10?
 >
 > [0] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/65588
 >
 > Best
 > David

Thanks ! This almost works. The patch doesn't fix the problem as-is, but
I suspect it's just a typo in the direction of the comparison in the
check in nl80211_scan_common. If I flip the direction as attached, it
then works with the orginial patch + the modification applied to 2.10.

Great to hear!

One additional question (As i do not have the hardware): Does scan &
association
work with CONFIG_WNM enabled? As indicated in my last name, this broke
broadcom-wl
on 2.9, from my understanding the patch should also solve this.

Best
David

Yes, it works. I can indeed reproduce the same problem on 2.10 if I set
the [m]scs flags to false in wpas_wpas_ext_capab_byte (which by itself
works) but turn on CONFIG_WNM=y, and then I get the same failure with
ie_len=6 getting passed down to cfg80211. With the patch on top it scans
and associates correctly with CONFIG_WNM=y (both with and without the
[m]scs flags).

Best,
Étienne.