802.11r not working

I have 8 "boxes" running the latest snapshot of OpenWrt. 7 of these are typical router boxes with WiFi hardware (Archer C7 v2, Archer A7 v5, Armor z2) and the remaining one is virtual and runs under KVM on a server.

I didn't think 802.11r was working so I ran a tcpdump on all 8 devices and it appears that my Samsung Galaxy S9 is sending the 802.11r ethernet 890d frames to the MAC Address of the KVM based router, which as it has no WiFi hardware couldn't have been the original associating WiFi point and obviously isn't running hostapd. Obviously no response is ever given to any of these packets as a consequence.

The KVM based router is running the radius server, does anybody have any thoughts on why this is happening? I really don't understand why my phone is looking in the wrong place for a response!

Thanks,
Michael