TSF timer sync with system clock

How does HostAP sync up the TSF timer (for purposes of Time Advertisement, it should exactly match the time when the AP was started) with the system clock?

I've installed OpenWRT with wapd on a Netgear Nighthawk router. It's very nice, but the Time Advertisement is off by about 7 seconds.  I think this is due to elapsed time while hostap start up, without properly syncing the "UTC Time at which the TSF Timer is 0" with the router system clock.

I haven't been able to find the code in hostapd that resets the TSF Timer, which ought to be done at the same time the Beacons and Probe Responses are set up, or at least when the time is sampled for their use.

Does wpad come from this group, or is there a separate support for OpenWRT?

Thanks,

    Mary Ann