Re: Ignore scan results in AP mode

Apologies for yet another reply. I reread your original response and think this might be very helpful, as I already have a separate interface that I believe I could use for what you describe. I guess you are suggesting I initiate a SCAN on that interface before establishing the AP on the other interface. Correct? Does SCAN_INTERVAL affect how long that scan is?

Tom Sabourin

On 12/22/19, 3:33 PM, "Jouni Malinen" <j@xxxxx> wrote:

    On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 01:18:16PM +0000, Sabourin, Tom (GE Healthcare) wrote:
    > From wpa_supplicant/events.c, I see that scan results are ignored in AP mode. I'm new to use of the supplicant, but is there a way to have an access point created such that it does not interfere (to the extent possible) with existing networks?

    A device operating as an AP is expected to remain available on its
    operating channel constantly, so it is a bit difficult to avoid
    interference to other operations if any such operation would require
    operation on another channel. Anyway, as far as the referenced events.c
    implementation is concerned, the way to allow other operations to be
    performed would require running a separate virtual interface for the AP
    mode operations and then leave another interface for other operations.