Bridge examples with Debian?

Greetings. I'm new to hostapd, but found it pretty straight-forward to configure for the simple case. I'm on Debian, and had no problem making my system an access point whose addresses are NATed (using very basic iptables). However, what I really want is to make the WAP bridged to the Ethernet port on the system.

Do folks here have reliable recipes for simple bridging with hostapd? Searching the internet came up with a couple of badly-documented conflicting answers. The description of "bridge=" in the sample config indicated that this might only work (and from starting hostapd with -d, it looks like I'm using the nl80211 driver), but I don't know the rest of the Debian-level commands to set up the bridge.

Clues appreciated.

--Paul Hoffman