Re: "deauthenticated due to local deauth request" after 4 clients are connected

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 05:54:06PM -0700, Carlito Nueno wrote:
> I am able to connect 4 devices and use internet on them without any
> problems, but as soon as I connect a 6th device all devices lose
> internet connection and are disassociated and deauthenticated. I am
> unable to reconnect these devices to AP.
>
> Logs show this when the 6th device is trying to connect to AP for the
> first time. Same messages are shows when other 5 devices try to
> reconnect.

This seems to showing some issues in completing 4-way handshake, but the
syslog information alone is not sufficient to tell what is happening.
This would require at least full debug log from hostapd (-ddt on command
line) and ideally a wireless sniffer capture showing what exactly
happens when the 6th station tries to connect. This does not really
sound like a hostapd issue, though, so the question would likely be more
appropriate for the driver maintainers. Anyway, they would need
additional debug information anyway.