SAE not behaving as expected in hostapd

Hi,

I am running hostapd using SAE for authentication. I am purposly
setting sae_groups=20, but having my supplicant try group 19 (which
should result in both sides negotiating a group they both support). As
far as I understand it, hostapd would be in the "nothing" state and I
am sending over a commit. I am seeing hostapd send back over a rejected
authentication with UNSUPPORTED_FINITE_CYCLIC_GROUP, but no group
number is included, just status and auth transaction.

According to the 802.11 spec this is what should happen:

(12.4.8.6.3 Protocol instance behavior - Nothing state)

"Upon receipt of a Com event, the protocol instance shall check the
Status of the Authentication frame. If the Status code is not SUCCESS ,
the frame shall be silently discarded and a Del event shall be sent to
the parent process. Otherwise, the frame shall be processed by first
checking the finite cyclic group field to see if the requested group is
supported. If not, BadGrp shall be set and the protocol instance shall
construct and transmit a an Authentication frame with Status code
UNSUPPORTED_FINITE_CYCLIC_GROUP indicating rejection with the finite
cyclic group field set to the rejected group, and shall send the parent
process a Del event."

Specifically I am concerned with "... finite cyclic group field set to
the rejected group ...".

So after reading the spec it appears this behavior is not correct on
hostapd's part, it should be sending the group number in the
authenticate response (at least that is how I read it).

Is this indeed a bug or am I way off?

Thanks,
James