How to setup hostapd WPA2 enterprise using both development and production certificates

Hi,

I've working on a project that uses WPA2 enterprise using self signed
certificates on a custom embedded Linux device and we have client
devices that connect to our device. (We're essentially an access
point.)

Both the access point and client devices currently using development
certificates however we soon wish to switch over to production
certificates.

Some devices have already go out the door with development certs so I
was wondering if it's possible for hostapd to use both development and
production certificates at the same time so that it is able to talk to
both groups ( client devices that have production certificates and
development devices that have yet to do an upgrade to production
certificates.)

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Davis