WPA_Supplicant BSSID selection when multiple BSSIDs are broadcast under single SSID

Hi All,

How does wpa_supplicant select which BSSID to connect to, when it is
only given an single SSID.

In the case where several BSSIDs are broadcasting the same SSID, how
does wpa_supplicant select which BSSID to connect to.

As far as I can tell there is consideration made for different
strength levels on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands, and what appears to be
some rate selection.

Im looking for an explanation (or any documentation) on this process,
and or pointers to functions in the code which touch on this topic.

Thank you for your assistance with this, while new to wpa_supplicant I
look forward to contributing.

Cheers,
Kieran Duggan