Re: Question on wpa_supplicant running on Android 4.4.2

On 11/19/2016 07:26 AM, Jouni Malinen wrote:
On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 04:08:42PM -0800, Ben Greear wrote:
Anyone know a way I can tweak supplicant and/or android to give me more details?
I cannot install completely new software on this tablet.

I'm not sure about this specific build since it has some non-upstream
custom changes that I'm not familiar with. Based on more recent AOSP
builds, it is pretty easy to add debug details through the Developer
options menu item in Settings ("Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging").

You could try running a command like "wpa_cli LOG_LEVEL MSGDUMP" if
wpa_cli happens to be included in the build.

It didn't have wpa_cli on it.

One suggestion:  Allow setting log-level based on the config file.

But, I managed to hack around to start it with -ddd, and still no useful output
I could find, so maybe it was compiled w/out debugging.

Resolution was to just not open the wifi config window in Android.  Then it does not
constantly scan, and also it does not loose connectivity anymore.  I still don't know
root cause of why it lost connectivity, but could easily be bug in it's wifi driver/firmware,
which appeared to be broadcom.

Thanks,
Ben

--