Re: [patch hail] remove duplicated stc_readport

On 10/26/2010 06:23 PM, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:33:13 -0400
Jeff Garzik<jeff@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

it would be nice if a follow-up patch moved the hail_readport()
definition into a more generic, not-CLD-specific header such as
include/hail.h[1]

[1] which doesn't exist yet.  maybe we could rename hail_log.h to
hail.h, and make hail.h a dumping ground for hail-generic items.

Maybe. It sounds like a good idea. But it's also a slippery slope.
I would rather have you look at it, when you have a moment.

Also, how do I post a patch that renames a file? Just ask "git show"
and send whatever comes out?

A patch that deletes a file and adds the file under a name is detected by git as a rename. Or you can post a 'git pull' request.

	Jeff