Re: [Patch 1/1] CLD: Introduce the "New CLD" API

On 02/18/2010 08:35 PM, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 20:18:52 -0500
Jeff Garzik<jeff@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

A point of style:  the 'p' suffix is discouraged.

I'll batch-rename it when I get better.

Since it sounds like there will be no conflicting patches, I went ahead
and fixed things up myself, using my trusty sar (search-and-replace)
script.  I find sar quite useful, because it (a) matches and replaces on
word boundaries, and (b) it performs in-situ updates, unlike most other
Unix tools.

I imagine the numbers of '>>>>>>' clauses I have to fix after the
next "git pull". Oh well.

If you perform the substitutions on your local working tree using the sar script, the diff between git HEAD and your local working tree should provide something manageable.

That's how to I split up Colin's XDR patch into multiple patches... repeatedly diff between HEAD and XDR-everything trees, apply a subset of the total diff, a single logical change. lather rinse repeat.

	Jeff