Re: [Patch 4/7] tabled: retry conflicting locks

> >> This is not correct.  CLD has blocking locks.  You issue the LOCK op,
> >> and will be notified when you have acquired the lock, possibly hours or
> >> days later.  There is no need to retry anything...
> >
> > Meanwhile, there's no way to cancel an outstanding lock requiest
> > short of blowing off the whole session. I'll switch to LOCK when
> > you fix that, but currently TRYLOCK is the only way (which BTW you
> > use in cldcli too).
>
> Do you mean cancelling someone else's lock request?  That is not
> something that meshes with the design.  If you mean cancelling your own
> lock request, that's probably reasonable.

Own of course.

> If there is a problem implementing blocking locks in the protocol or
> client, let me know, and we'll fix it.

Is there a way to cancel an outstanding lock request? How? You seem
to think that there's no problem.

Actually I think an cmo_close on a handle that has outstanding
requests of any kind should drop them, so I was incorrect about
killing the session being the only way. Maybe I can create some
kind of ncld_open_locked() by using that feature. That ought to
be good enough.

-- Pete