Re: [Patch 2/7] tabled: add <Cell> element

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:51:08 -0500
Jeff Garzik <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Strictly speaking, this is wrong, but I applied so that we may make
> forward progress.

Well, good.

> The definition of a "cell" (or "cel") is everything within a single CLD
> namespace.

Bah, I can call it t-cell or "tabled instance" if that removes the
confusion with CLD "cell". After you called a Chunk partition a "table",
I thought you didn't care about reusing a word.

> Provisioning another tabled instance should be as simple as creating a
> new directory in CLD, and running the tabled/chunkd nodes.

It is true with the patch. There is no problem except terminology.

> Thus, the user interface should be CLD hostname + pathname, not "cell name."

Sure, I can fix it up. It was in todo for a while.

-- Pete