Re: [Patch 1/2] tabled: drop dependency on libevent from libcldc

On 11/28/2009 02:07 AM, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 00:09:09 -0500
Jeff Garzik<jeff@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 11/27/2009 10:52 PM, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

The patched tabled can build and work with the "old" libcldc too.

Part of the reason for that is the continued presence of @EVENT_LIBS@ in
configure.ac and select Makefile.am files.

Have you fixed that up in a follow-up patch, or is that missing?

tabled continues to use libevent, only CLD stops it.

True; only chunkd needs the modification, then.

It seems to me that your patch #2 should be patch #1, followed by
patches to chunkd and tabled removing the libevent dependency.

If you apply #1, nothing bad happens, tabled continues to build
like before, no matter what CLD is under it. This is why it's #1.
If you decided that #2 was unacceptable and tabled would not be
compatible, we'd have a broken tabled, right?

Fair enough. I will apply the tabled patch immediately, and await comments/revisions on the CLD patch (see other email).

	Jeff