Re: Thought on tabled design; scaling tabled

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 08:48:45 -0400, Jeff Garzik <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> single-master scalability
> -------------------------
> Any db4 replication setup enables high availability through metadata
> replication and fail-over, but it remains a single-master setup. []

Believe me, I know, but I thought the current goal is to have
something to what users of Fedora can trust their data, and soon.
Once we have our ext3 we may look at XFSes of the cloud world.

> forward-to-master solution?

I want to leapfrog the forwarding phase and go multi-master
without DB4 (and hopefuly fix startup times, and other issues
you identified).

The reason I'm poking Jeff Darcy and everyone else with questions
about Walrus etc. is that I'm open to using anything that works.
The Eucaliptus dude denied strongly (at the Red Hat Cloud Forum)
that he's going to produce anything for the end users. I don't
know if he was just being modest or it was for real.

-- Pete