Re: [Patch] tabled: parse Chunk parameters in CLD v2

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 09:32:37 -0400, Jeff Garzik <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pete Zaitcev wrote:

> * querying server startup status, so that you know _precisely_ when
> tabled is active.  That would permit you to eliminate the various "sleep
> 3" and "sleep 7", I hope?

A control program is useful for the reasons you outlined and I skipped,
but as far as daemon bootstrap is concerned, the daemons have the built-in
retrying and waiting mechanisms which allow to eliminate magic sleeps.
So such control program is not needed to get daemons up. I already
eliminated the sleep betwenn cld and chunkd. We do need something to
keep tests from running prematurely, however, since they are not
sophisticated clients that can retry. Currently, wait-for-listen
performs this function.

-- Pete