Re: A question about LGPL license

A quick, understandable, summary of the license is often provided on tldrlegal, for LGPL 2.1 - here - https://tldrlegal.com/license/gnu-lesser-general-public-license-v2.1-(lgpl-2.1)

Your own software can have any license (incl. being closed source), while using LGPL libraries. You are required to provide license and source code of those libraries (and any modifications of them). This is often done by adding licenses into your installer and providing source code of the libraries on your distribution media (if I'm not mistaken for LGLP 2.1 including just a link to your upstream project is not enough).

In short, you don't need to open source your own program at all (it can have any license), but you need to make GTK+-3 source available (and any modifications to it) and let user agree on its licenses when installing your software.