Creating menus and toolbars based on actions

Hi,

I am attempting to write an application using gtk3 and I want to include a menu bar and toolbar in my application. Since the menu and tool bars will have duplicate items, I want to base both on actions. This way a menu item and a tool button that do the same thing point to the same action.

However, I can't seem to find a guide on how to accomplish that. There is some information on tying actions to menus but I havent been able to find anything about toolbars.

To make matters worse I am using glade to create the main hi. If I remember correctly, there used to be a way to define actions and action groups with glade but those have now been deprecated.

I would appreciate a pointer to some information about my question.

Thank you.