Quick question about the GTK graphics stack

Hello,

I have a quick question about the basics of the GTK graphics stack. Just want to understand how my system is rendered.

So let's say I do a fresh installation of the latest version of Ubuntu MATE.

It uses MATE, which is based on GNOME, which is written with GTK.

GTK draws things with Cairo, and if the graphics driver is installed, Cairo uses the OpenGL backend. Otherwise it uses software rendering via xlib.

Is this correct?

Thanks a lot.

-Alex