Re: Is it possible to catch ALT+TAB and do nothing

It sounds like you have a kiosk application that is using a
terminal emulator, maybe xterm specifically for complete VT
compatibility, and has no other interactive application.

If that's the case and X proves hard to make work, I can suggest
running a terminal emulator like the new generation of kmscon
whose name I don't remember or Enlightenment's Terminology, as
both run on top of KMS/DRM. No need for a display manager. If
you combine it with a terminal locker, it should provide the
solution you're looking for.

If, however, you run more than xterm and need to spawn a few
X apps now and then, this wont' work. Terminology is quite
capable and might replace any image/video viewing needs you
maybe have.