Re: Beginners guide

Hi Emmanuele,

I do agree with you but, From a beginners concept,The concept of Gtk-application and the handling of applications arguments is confusing coming from someone who is still learning from say - standard "C" as they are handled the same way in just about any example on a google search,

When you combine this with the concept of main loop and instances that need to be created, controlled and destroyed then the complexity may be simple for an experienced programmer, but not to a beginner.

In other words the original way is easy to understand what is actually going on, but the new way is complex and needs further explanation for a beginner to understand the concept and to be able to write and apply the code correctly.

These needs to be explained by a beginner for a beginner with input from experienced people with good example that explain what the steps are actually doing in the code and why you need to use them.

The beginners guide is a great start for this, thanks to the author, please do not stop.

Regards