I liked the suggestion of having the sources on GitHub/equiv.; the other suggestions from the group could then be added.

Anyway, thanks for the effort you've put in!  This may come in useful!

Roger

On 24 April 2018 at 20:00, <gtk-list-request@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 19:39:06 +0100
From: Jim Reilly <jimreillyindevon@xxxxxxxxx>
To: gtk-list@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Beginners guide

I have put together a guide to help beginners to get started using
gtk+3.0 in the hope that it might be useful. I do not have a web site
through which I can make it available so I have attached it to this
e-mail so that, if anyone thinks it is worth reading, they can make it
accessible to others.

regards

Jim Reilly.