Re: Old GTK stock items as svg?

On 9 February 2018 at 19:08, Ingo Brückl <ib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> They were just using named icons as far as I know, so the exact svg you
>> are referring to might depend on what icon theme you were using.
>
> The stock items were (compiled) part of GTK and independent from any icon
> theme.

The stock icons for GTK 2.x were always shipped as PNGs because there
was no depending on an SVG parser, and because loading SVG files is
always slower than loading PNG files.

You can find the SVG files in Git:

  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/tree/gtk-2-24/gtk/stock-icons

They are released under the same terms of GTK. I strongly recommend
you *do not use these stock icons*. Use the appropriate icon theme.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
https://www.bassi.io