Re: Does webkitgtk issues discussed here?

Hi, Jiri,

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 10:16 AM, Jiří Janoušek <janousek.jiri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Igor,
>
>> Does WebKitGTK has its own list?

Thank you for mentioning and even bigger thanx to answering my questions here.

>> So here it is:
>> On the page https://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkitgtk/stable/index.html
>> there are
>> WebKitWebBackForwardList and WebKitWebHistoryItem classes which should
>> take care of the history support inside the WebView.
>>
>> However, on the page
>> https://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkit2gtk/stable/index.html
>> those classes are missing.
>>
>> The former link is for a version 2.4.5, the latter - 2.18.3.
>
> The difference is not in WebKitGTK version but in WebKit API version.
> The former documentation is for WebKitGTK (GTK+ port of WebKit 1 API,
> removed in WebKitGTK+ 2.6.0, that's why the doc comes from 2.4.5), the
> latter for WebKit2GTK (GTK+ port of WebKit 2 API, considered stable
> since WebKitGTK+ 2.0.0 and the only supported API nowadays).

OK.
I just mentioned the version since thats what I saw in the page at the top.
However you mentioned that the API was removed in the version 2.6.0.
Does this mean
those classes I mentioned are still available for the WebKitGtk below
version 2.6.0?
Or it is true for the 2.0.0+?

>> Are those 2 classes become deprecated? If so, which version deprecates them?
>
> WebKit1 is practically deprecated since WebKitGTK 2.0 and is no longer
> supported (no bug and security fixes).
>
>> I see on the second page there are WebKitBackForwardist and WebKitHistoryItem.
>> (no middle "Web"). Are they direct replacements?
>
> They seem to be the replacements, but not all methods from WebKit1
> have been ported.

Is there a plan to port them?

Thank you.