Re: How to avoid "window is ready" notification when receiving an activate signal?

Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I found the solution. You just need to set the skip taskbar window hint:

GtkWidget *window = gtk_application_window_new (GTK_APPLICATION (app));
gtk_window_set_skip_taskbar_hint (GTK_WINDOW (state->window), TRUE);

This will cause the window to not be picked up by the gnome-shell windowAttentionHandler:

https://github.com/GNOME/gnome-shell/blob/1af65c616ad381c4809f3c2120b0c0ce5a0676e0/js/ui/windowAttentionHandler.js#L33

Quite a beginner's mistake if you ask me :-)

Cheers,
Eduardo