gtk_widget_class_set_accessible_type

Hello,

I have a use case where I want to define a custom accessible type to be used with native GTK widgets (not a custom widget). The end goal is to be able to attach custom ATK interface implementations to a native GTK widget.

For example: I have a GtkButton. I want to define the accessible type for this button to be MY_ACCESSIBLE_TYPE. I see in the source code that the accessible type for GtkButton is GTK_TYPE_BUTTON_ACCESSIBLE, which is a subtype of GTK_TYPE_CONTAINER_ACCESSIBLE.

If I define MY_ACCESSIBLE_TYPE to be a subtype of GTK_TYPE_CONTAINER, can I then call gtk_widget_class_set_accessible_type() on an instance of a GtkButton?

If not, is there a way I can accomplish this without creating a custom widget?

Thanks,
Eric