Re: Having trouble with cursors

----- On Jul 20, 2017, at 11:51 AM, Carsten Mattner carstenmattner@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Are you possibly using a theme made for 3.8?

I always start fresh, installing into an empty prefix folder. For 3.8 I built gnome-themes-standard-3.8.4. I tried to update this package, but the README said that the Adwaita theme is included in GTK3, so I did not include gnome-themes-standard in the 3.22 build. My first attempts at using 3.22 did not have all of the icons needed. I then found the adwaita-icon-theme and hicolor-icon-theme packages. Once I built these, my icon issues went away, but it did not fix the cursor issue.

I have some more information from doing an strace. The $prefix/share/icons/Adwaita/index.theme file is found (eventually) and read. I can see the icon files being accessed under the $prefix/share/icons/Adwaita folder. I then searched for col-resize. This file is never found. These folders are searched:
$HOME/.icons/default/cursors
$prefix/share/icons/default/cursors
$prefix/share/pixmaps/default/cursors

The file is in the folder $prefix/share/icons/Adwaita/cursors, placed there by the adwaita-icon-theme package. Why does it not attempt to search for cursors under Adwaita when it knows to search for icons there?