A couple of questions about GtkTreeView

Hi all,

I am working on am application that uses a GtkTreeView to display a two-column list of information. There are a couple of things that I want to achieve but I am having some difficulty getting to work:

1. I want to have one of the columns be editable but only on a certain keypress. I would like to keep the double-click event produce the row-activated signal. In other words, I want to prevent editing on double-click but still allow the column to be editable.
Originally, I tried to set the column cell rendered as non-editable to get the "row-activated" behaviour and then set the editable property when a row is selected with a single click. However, that did not work. It's also a big pain to get the actual cell renderer.
Is this achievable at all? Is there a way to keep the double-click event as "row-activated" while still allowing cells to be editable?

2. I read online that by default, a row is selected when a tree view is focus even if the selection mode is SINGLE. I would like to avoid having Gtk select the first row automatically. I tried calling gtk_tree_selection_unselect_all() but that was pointless since the window in which the the tree view is added (a GtkDialog) gets focus later when the gtk_dialog_run() function is called.
I am guessing that I can work around this by calling gtk_widget_show_all() on the dialog first, then gtk_tree_selection_unselect_all(), and then gtk_dialog_run() but I am not sure.

I would appreciate some help with the above questions.
Thank you.