Re: g_object_add_toggle_ref

Hi Stefan;

I very much doubt anybody here has knowledge of toggle reference and
language bindings.

You want gtk-devel-list@xxxxxxxxx, or you want to join the #gtk+ IRC
channel on irc.gnome.org.

As a note, though:

> But when the user creates widgets and never add them to a container, there state
> remains ref count 2 floating

All GC language bindings will immediately sink the floating reference,
as it makes memory management harder for them (it's a C feature, after
all). So my suggestion is to immediately and automatically sink the
floating reference inside your wrapper around g_object_new() before it
returns the instance to the non-C side.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

https://www.bassi.io