Re: Gtk tool-bar running icon under MS-Windows

On 5/26/2017 6:05 AM, John Woodsman wrote:
> When running a Gtk program under MS-Windows, there is a little icon that
> appears in the tool-tray bar at the bottom of the screen - one for each program
> that is running.
>
> Major applications like Word or Chrome have their own unique logos.
> But the icon for all my Gtk programs just shows the Gtk logo.
> I would rather display an icon unique to each of my programs.
> As it is, the icon is really just showing the graphics lib my program used.

Just give a non-default icon to the window, and that's what you'll see on the
taskbar. If you use Glade UI definition files, it would look like this:

  <object class="GtkApplicationWindow" id="my_main_window_id">
    <property name="icon_name">name-of-the-icon-of-your-app</property>

And in Glade itself it's just like any other property.

Obviously, you'll need to install the icon in an appropriate place
(share/icons/hicolor/<size>/apps/<name-of-the-icon-of-your-app>.png) and run
gtk-update-icon-cache for it to be found.

--
O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - www.asciiribbon.org