Re: A toggled toggle button visually almost indistinct from untoggled

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 11:12 AM, infirit <infirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Op 04/19/2017 om 01:41 AM schreef Dan Stromberg:
On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The default Adwaita theme has a fair distinction between states:

https://i.imgur.com/6bg9eNc.png

I switched to the Adwaita theme on both systems.

But it's still pretty hard to tell if a toggle button has been selected or
not.

You are pretty much at the mercy of the theme developers, the only option to be sure to have properly distinguishable states is to style it yourself.

The text color isn't changing at all from what I can see, and the
background color change remains slight.

I modified your script and made the background in checked state red by loading some css. This is of course a silly example and you should adjust it to your needs but it shows how it is done. One option is to set a border colour.

https://gist.github.com/infirit/cf4f531e03136b641471b079b8370ead

That was very helpful.  'More help than I could reasonably hope for.

Thank you very much!