Re: Signal emission from an object thread

On Thu, 2017-03-16 at 10:42 +0100, Emmanuel Pacaud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an issue related to the use of g_signal_emit called from an
> object thread.

Hi Emmanuel,

I dont think there is an easy way out of that.

I have used GWeakRef for references that threads make to objects owned
by parent thread which may finalize with parent, to solve similar
problems, but I dont believe I've tried using signals belonging to a
thread spawning object from the thread itself.

Another approach, if you want to keep using GSignal, would be to create
a different object that is owned completely by the thread.

Cheers,
    -Tristan